Professional photographer for over 25 years (www.sarhn.com).
However when it comes to this blog (GreenerMe), I prefer and enjoy using my smart phone.
** Interesting fact: the very first professional digital camera I used on a job was $16,000 (just body) but only 1 mega pixel. My smart phone is 16 mega pixels and was free with the phone plan. **
Born in Canberra (Capital of Australia), raised in Brisbane and built my business in Sydney. Now residing in a semi rural town South of Sydney – yes a tree change but still close enough to Sydney (for family, friends and work).
My husband and I have a cheeky toddler and two naughty fluff balls (Mini and Cooper).
In 2006 I made a conscious decision that I no longer wanted to use the excuse of ‘being too busy’ to care for the environment, animal welfare and my community.
Today living a caring and sustainable life, isn’t just something I do in free time – it has become a lifestyle. What I eat, buy, do and even think (I call my sustainability thinking ‘A Green Psychology’).
Subjects discussed in GreenerMe
- Gluten and dairy free cooking (I am intolerant to both)
- Vegetarian and vegan cooking (a compassionate diet for animals, the planet and my health)
- Growing your own organic food
- The psychology of a green lifestyle – how and why we act, react and think. Focusing on finding balance, joy and purpose in a hectic modern world.
- Raising children in a sustainable lifestyle
- General tips and thoughts on running a sustainable home
- Creative ideas on recycling, reusing, restoring and upcycling
- Caring for ourselves, each other and our planet
Sustainability is a journey, I haven’t reached the destination yet but what a life changing trip so far……