Today will be a sad day. Today I will be driving my cousin to Sydney airport so she can fly home to Brisbane (my Mum will stay for another couple of weeks).
As a fitting farewell to my beautiful counsin (more like my little sister), I wanted to share her yummy orange cake that she made for us (with her permission of course).
Simple Orange Cake
(Gluten and dairy free)
1 & 1/2 cups self raising, gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
125 g of dairy free butter (I use Nuttelex)
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 free range eggs
1/4 cup rice milk
Grated rind of 1 orange
1 tablespoon of orange juice
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
* Sift flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
* Throw all ingredients into the bowl and beat with an electric mixer.
* Pour into a well greased 20 cm round tin.
* Bake for 30 minutes.
* Allow to cool. Icing is optional.
* Enjoy with loved ones.
Bye bye Mellie, see you soon. xox