We have a full house – full with loved family members. Evening meals we have enjoyed sharing good ‘slow food’ together.
Last night I made a large spinach and cherry tomato baseless quiche. Served with fried toasted slices of my polenta bread in garlic. As always everything was gluten and dairy free.
Spinach and Cherry Tomato Baseless Quiche – Gluten and Dairy Free (feed four adults as a main meal).
8 free range eggs
1 cup gluten free plain flour
3.5 cups of rice milk
5 tablespoons of rice bran oil
2 cups cherry tomatoes halved **
1 large bowl of spinach **
** last night the spinach and cherry tomatoes came from our garden – it doesn’t get fresher than that!
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
* Fry chopped spinanch and cherry tomatoes in oil and chopped garlic (I prefer rice bran oil). Once spinanch is soft, remove from heat and set aside.
* In a large bowl wisk eggs, milk and oil together. Then slowly add flour. Mix well.
* Pour egg mixture into an oiled large lasagne pan. Then carefully spoon the spinanch and tomatoes into the mixture, so it is even throughout (pour all the yummy garlic juices in too).
* Bake in oven for 35 minutes.
Everyone loved the quiche. Nobody even noticed it was gluten and dairy free. Even our Little Toddler enjoyed it.