I love the simplicity of one pot cooking. As the weather cools, I crave home cooked food – especially soups. This is a very simple one pot, soup recipe that can be easily changed according to the vegetables you have in your fridge or garden.
* Rice bran oil
* Two garlic cloves chopped
* White vegetables – half cauliflower, half cabbage, one peeled zucchini, a peeled choko, handful of lighter flesh mushrooms
* 1/2 cup of pine nuts
* 4 cups of vegetable stock
* Salt and pepper
* Fry garlic and mushrooms.
* Add chopped vegetables to fry/cook for 5 minutes.
* Add pine nuts and vegetable stock. Bring to boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasional.
* Using a hand food processor, mix into a smooth, thick soup consistency.
* Add salt and pepper to taste.
To accompany the soup, a slice of polenta bread will do the trick.
Now isn’t that easy!?!