Yesterday we got together with my Husband’s family for Easter Sunday.
We were asked to bring the dessert. I decided to bake a pavlova for a change (as pav bases are naturally gluten and dairy free anyway).
A Simple Pavlova Base
4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons cornflour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon vinegar
* Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
* Beat egg whites vigorously while gradually adding in sugar. It will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes for the mixture to firm (to hold shape).
* Fold in cornflour then add vanilla and vinegar. Mix lightly.
* Wet a cooking tray with cold water then spread mixture to form a shell.
* Turn oven down to 125 degrees C and cook for an hour and 15 minutes.
* Once cooled top with coconut cream (dairy free).
* Add some cut up fruit (strawberries and kiwifruit is tradition) then drizzle over passion fruit.
I apologies for not having a photo of the finished pavlova – it was devoured before I remembered to grab the camera. 🙂