This cake represents true love. My Hubbie (Carnivore Male) has learnt to make my gluten and dairy free plain ‘butter’ cake. Over the years of being together, he has made it numerous times for his gluten & dairy intolerant, vegetarian wife.
In fact he has become quite the baker and I’m fully aware he has done so to support and care for me. That is love.
We have never celebrated Valentines Day as I don’t like it’s commercial agenda. Thought however I would share this story and the receipe for my ‘Plain Butter Cake’.
Gluten & Dairy Free, Plain ‘Butter’ Cake
125g Nutterlex (dairy free butter)
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 large free range eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/3 cup rice milk
1.5 cups gluten free self raising flour
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
* Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
* Add eggs and beat well.
* Add Vanilla and stir.
* Sift flour and add to mixture alternately with the rice milk. Stir well.
* Pour into a greased & floured 20 cm cake tin (greased & floured reduces the need for baking paper, which just ends up in landfill).
* Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
A simple and basic cake, yet delicious. Hubbie has also made it for numerous family and friends over the years (none of whom are gluten or dairy intolerant). Everyone has loved it – most having no idea it was gluten and dairy free.