Inspired by the traditional Turkish dish, Gozleme, I wanted to attempt to make it for everyone in the family to enjoy together (toddlers, carnivores, vegetarians, diabetics and those with gluten and dairy intolerances – give me strength!)
The result?? Oh my it was AMAZING and everyone LOVED IT – yes even our toddler, GOBBLED it down.
The only negative was the mess.
7g sachet dried yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
1 & 1/4 cups warm water
3 cups of gluten free plain flour
2 tsp salt
Dairy free cream cheese (or coconut yought or coconut cream)
Also from the garden:
* Whisk yeast, sugar & water in a bowl. Cover and place in warm place until bubbly (approx 5 minutes).
* In another bowl, sift the flour. Then add salt and yeast mixture. Stir. Mix to form a soft dough.
* Knead for 5 minutes on a floured surface.
* Divide dough into 8 pieces. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place for 15 minutes (until expanded).
* Meanwhile fry spinach and tomatoes with chopped garlic in a little oil. Add dairy free cream. Set aside.
* Roll out each dough piece into a thin circle.
* Add the spinach filling into each circle, then fold dough over each to enclose – creating semi circle parcels.
* Fry each parcel over medium heat in oil, for 3 minutes on each side (till golden).
* Enjoy 🙂