For years we have been talking about it, dreaming of it and planning for it……We have sold our inner Sydney city home and bought our dream (we settle on the 6th of August).
To be honest it took us awhile to find our new home. One reason for the delay was due to finding a home with environmental & sustainable potential.
We were looking for:
* Large north facing roof with no shade for solar panels.
* North facing land, with good access to the sun for growing food.
* Plenty of space for water tanks (grey water recycled & rain water collection).
* Living areas that are naturally warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
* Established trees for shade.
* Isn’t connected to gas so our home could be 100% powered by the sun (I hated the idea that our gas supply may have been sourced from coal seam gas extraction methods).
* Open plan living for the summer with options to close rooms off in winter (keep warmth in).
I will enjoy posting about all the sustainable changes we will be making once we move in.
Can you think of other sustainable enhancements we can add to our home?