Here is a list of practical things I have been able to achieve so far on my ‘green journey’.
· Now ‘air ratting’ my worm farm so it doesn’t become a mini methane producing landfill.
· Recycling all my tissues using the worm farm.
· Have come up with a system for recycling our dog poo waste.
· Planted trees on National Tree Planting Day at Sydney Park (27.7.08).
· Learnt that the livestock industry is creating more methane greenhouse gas than any other industry. Thus I have decided to cut back to on eating meat. Instead of meat every night we have it ever 2nd night. Also from now on the meat I buy from the grocery store will be cruelty free.
Read ‘A Pig Feeling’.
· Learnt that living in the Sydney City Local Council means I don’t have to remove staples from paper or those plastic windows from envelopes before recycling.
· Currently learning about Australian Carbon Credit Schemes. In the process of offsetting all my carbon emissions (will update you when I have done this).
· Had my very first no waste week!
Read ‘Zero Waste Goals’.
· Using a bokashi bin and a worm farm together to reduce our kitchen organic waste. Now only bones are thrown into the rubbish bin – everything else is recycled.
Post still to be written
· Sarhn McArthur Photography is now using 100% post-consumer recycled copy paper.