Last week while waiting for a bus, I noticed an advertisement on the bus shelter about ‘Live Green’. For those who follow my ‘green’ twitter updates, you would have noticed I text the details while waiting for the bus.
Sydney’s upcoming ‘Live Green’ event will be held is 17 August 2008.
Apparently this is the second free City of Sydney Live Green event. Here is some information from the ‘Live Green’ website:
Program highlights include:
· Thinking – seminars on green careers, investment and “green washing” hosted by Nell Schofield.
· Eating – green kitchen featuring Kylie Kwong, top local chefs and host Joanna Savill.
· Learning – interactive workshops on recycling, worm farms, natural cleaning and cycling safety and a demonstration Green House display.
· Shopping – fresh produce and food, fashion, lifestyle, beauty, home wares, organic bar and more.
· Relaxing – jazz, funk and soul from local bands including The Hands, Ray Mann Three, Jazz Nouveau, Bob Corbett and DJ Leigh Wood, hosted by Angela Catterns.
Children will be entertained all day in the special Children’s Area with hands on eco-art activities, renewable energy workshops and performers. Plus children can enter the draw to win a free energy audit for their primary school or a visit to the Energy Australia Education Centre.
There is a chance to win a bike and accessories package and Solahart solar hot water system.
Live Green is a car free event. Walking, cycling and public transport is encouraged.
Victoria Park, Cnr City Rd & Broadway, Camperdown
10am – 4pm, Sunday 17 August